To be successful at something you have to work at it. In regards to school, that means studying.
Here are things you should do to study effectively:
- Focus – This is the most obvious and important thing to do when studying. If you’re not focused you won’t be productive and chances are, if you’re not focused you’re not studying.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself – Study in intervals. Attempting to review material all at once is not potent. Study for ten to thirty minutes and take 5 minute breaks in between your studying.
- Watch videos – Videos facilitate the studying process by offering a quick and clearer explanation of what’s being taught in class. Here is a link to “Crash Course,” a youtube channel dedicated to a variety of topics from physics to philosophy. https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse
- Music – Listening to music that is distracting will prevent you from doing anything productive. Classical music may not be your go-to choice of music but it has been proven to stimulate our minds and help us concentrate.
Here are some classical music suggestions:
5. Separate yourself from any distractions. Whether this means turning off your phone or deleting your twitter app, eliminate anything that will make your studying less effective.
6. Get sleep. It’s a wonderful thing and you can’t function without it.
School is stressful, but always do your best, use your time wisely, and never give up.