- Sergey Brin, the co-founder of Google, graduated from University of Maryland in 1993. He was a computer science major which is still a very popular major at this university to this day.
- The founder and CEO of Under Armour, Kevin Plank, also graduated from UMD.
- University of maryland is ranked #8 for best value college.
- The University of Maryland has over 800+ clubs.
- It was founded March 6, 1856.
- It’s located in College Park Maryland.
- The acceptance rate is 45% annually.
- Undergraduate tuition and fees: In-state tuition: 10,180 USD (2017), Out-of-state tuition: 32,044 USD (2017).
9.The institution has a $1.9 billion operating budget and secures $560 million annually in external research funding.
- It is the most known college in the entire state of Maryland.