The 2017-2018 school year is coming to an end and the class of 2018 has officially closed a chapter of their lives.
Now the spotlight is on the class of 2019 and we are moving into the unknown. So to make the transition into Senior year easier and being a Senior less stressful, take this advice:
- Make a list of the colleges that you would like to apply to/are interested in
- Go on college tours and keep an open mind: Sometimes the school of our dreams isn’t the one we end up going to, and this is okay
- Do not overwhelm yourself: Know what your priorities are and put them first
- Do not procrastinate on the college application process: Your application needs to be turned in on time
- Do not beat yourself up because you don’t know what you want to do: Life is a journey and finding your purpose and passions take time.
- Spend time with your family and friends: When you go to college you probably won’t see them as often
- Study for the SAT and/or ACT: To get the scores you desire you have to work for them
- Update your resume as frequently as needed
- Apply for scholarships
- Be proud of your accomplishments and of yourself
Make the most of your last year in high school.