The Fourth of July is a national holiday that commemorates when this country became a free nation, but it’s also a day of fun and relaxation. Therefore, in order to spend your time wisely, listed below are ideas of what you should do this Fourth of July.
- Go to the National Harbor with your friends and/or family: The National Harbor is an affable environment, it has a ferris wheel, a shopping outlet, and various restaurants, needless to say you will not be bored when going here. *The National Harbor will not be doing fireworks this year, click here to see their website.
- Watch Fireworks: The one thing everyone wants to do on Independence Day is see fireworks and who wouldn’t, they’re beautiful and entertaining. Click here to see the different firework events happening in the DMV.
- Have or Go to a Cookout/BBQ: One of the most modern ways to celebrate the Fourth of July is to attend or have a cookout, and with the summer weather and great food you will be sure to enjoy yourself. Click here for recipes.
- Make a festive dessert: Desserts are the sweet treat that no one can resist and a pleasant way to show patriotism. Websites such as allrecipes.com and foodnetwork.com have many Fourth of July recipes.
- Go to D.C.: Washington D.C. is the capitol of the United States and full of history, you can go to the National Archives museum or visit the memorials. Click here to see all of the events happening in D.C. on the Fourth of July.
Hopefully this information helps you have a lively Independence Day. Be safe and have fun!