The 2019 Art Build was held at PGCEA from March 1-3rd in preparation for the March For Our Schools Rally, which will be held March 11th, 2019. The rally has heavy influence from the recent Los Angeles and Oakland Art Builds. They have plans to bring together students, teachers, and other advocates of public education. The purpose of the rally is to bring attention to ongoing issues in public schools as listed below.
1. Fight for the public schools all children deserve
2. Education Justice is Racial Justice
3. Teachers, we work for the people.
4. Community Schools Build Democracy
5. Public Schools, The heart of the community
6. Small class sizes matter
7. Build schools, not walls
8. March for Our Schools
9. Our Children Can’t Wait
10. Fund Public Education
Be sure to pop out and spread awareness!