Hello Flowers Student Athletes! The NFLPA is administering the format of their application and submission a little different this year. They are changing it into an online platform so they can receive the applicant’s responses quicker and maintain a smoother chain of custody for support documents. This scholarship is designed for high school student-athletes with intentions to attend a 2 or 4-year college or university. The scholarship rewards high school athletes for their non-athletic achievements and assists them in achieving their academic career goals.
To be eligible for this you must :
- Have an overall High School Grade Point Average of 2.0 or better;
- Must be a high school senior;
- Acceptance into a two-year or four-year college or university;
- Nominated by high school coach;
- Participated at the varsity level in athletics for at least one year;
- Has not accepted a full scholarship award or grant (athletic or academic);
- Is not the son or daughter of a current or former NFL Player.
The Criteria for Evaluation are:
- Career goals;
- Nomination by coach;
- Academic achievement;
- Potential for success;
- Leadership and character;
- Indication of how athletic competition has aided in personal growth.
The following materials must be provided to the Scholarship Committee:
- Application completed by the student and signed by a high school counselor;
- Essay provided by student 500-700 words;
- High school transcript;
- Coach’s nomination form and nomination letter.
All applications and coach’s nomination packages must be signed, certified and returned by Friday, February 14, 2020
Packages and support documents shall be uploaded and attached to each application and coach’s nomination packages.
Student applications must be certified by the applicant and a school counselor. In addition, all coaches must certify their perceptive nomination package.
If there are any questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Rufus Brown through email. (firstname.lastname@example.org) I will be sending out weekly information pertaining to the program in addition to reminders expressing the due dates.