As students many of us are forced to stay home right now, which means more time to binge-watching shows, be on social media, and play video games. You might find yourself sleeping half the day away and staying up all night. This may be fun but sleep is like any healthy habit: consistency is key. Here are some quick tips doctors and healthcare professionals recommend improving the quality of your sleep and boosting your productivity the next day:
- Set a specific bedtime in your mind.
- If possible, don’t work or watch TV in bed.
- Avoid or limit eating two hours before bedtime.
- Set an alert/alarm that sounds one hour before bed.
- Calm your mind through meditation, stretching focused breathing, or prayer.
- Be consistent!