Principle Action Committee First Meeting

The Principle Action Committee held its first meeting on Wednesday, February 15th at 8:30 am till 10:30 am. The students in the club were required to read this article on the following website prior to the meeting. http://www.studentleader.com/orig_02-10-2003.htm
At the meeting, Mr. Gorman Brown insights us about his background as a kid, growing up in Chicago and transferring to a better school. His family had to live in the poorest neighborhood in Chicago in order to afford the private school.
Only one out of his seven friends, who did not have the same opportunity to attend the private school, made it out of that neighborhood. The others are “either dead or in jail”.
“Our zip code should not determine our path of success. The sad thing is that students are already being labeled by the race, neighborhood, and school. Though it should not make a difference and the other students are not any smarter, the opportunities and goals show a major difference.” -Gorman Brown
“Embedded in the American Dream that if you work hard you can accomplish anything.”
“We should have the freedom to do what makes us happy.”
The goal of the council is to advocate for students. First, we must teach our fellow peers to set goals and make plans to achieve their dreams.
“A goal without a plan is just a dream.”
Congrats to this year’s members!
Leah Wilson, Jaelyn Howell, Andin Dobgima, Jamar Watkins, Brian Muleri, Jordan Dowtindorsey, Lalah Williams, Kapri Piner, Hannah Ingram, Re’ana Green, Miracle Osuchukwu, Gloria Nwanwa, Shawnice Thomas, Malcolm Woodbury, Roitristan Catanghal, Jason Dennis,Emmanuel Essel, Jalen Lee, Jalen Washington, Kendal Coleman, Aderonke Adelegan, Suliat Ogunmona Clementina Ojo, Christina Nance, Clinton Vasquez, Briana Dawson, Ashley Dawson, Toni Ellerbe, Pharist Oneal, Rayjanek Gary, Praise Oladoyin, Brianna Blake, Katrina Morgan, Stephanie Olebara, Halinta Diallo, Janae Moore, Jasmine Gross, Angela Oyetimbo, Kaylin Borders, Jessica Osuchukwu, Miracle Forbes, Cheyanne Rosier, Janet Quartey, Alena Latson, Victoria Lanier, Delanique Johnson ,  Maliya Brooksvaughan, Tiffany Oyekan, Chiamaka Anaemeribe, Gabryelle Awkard, Mikayla Anderson, Taylor Coleman, Amaya Johnson, Kyra Vasquez, Jhamari Easter, Anuoluwapo Adepegba, Ruth Damoah, and Courtney Diggs.