Summer Educators' Conference Application and StudentCam Documentary Competition Winners Announced

Tyra Ware

We’re pleased to announce that the application process for our 2017 Summer Educators’ Conferences is now open!
This July, C-SPAN will host two conferences for middle and high school teachers. Each conference is a day-and-a-half long and will be held at C-SPAN’s offices in Washington, DC. Airfare to and from Washington, two nights’ hotel stay, and meals during the conference are all provided by C-SPAN.
The conferences will bring middle and high school educators (grades 6-12) to Washington from across the country. Participants will learn about C-SPAN and our online resources, as well as how to better integrate these materials into their classroom. If you have not attended one of our previous conferences, and you are interested in learning more about the free resources that C-SPAN provides for students and teachers, we invite you to apply to attend one of these professional development experiences.
C-SPAN 2017 Summer Educators’ Conference Application (Google Form)
Conference applications must be received no later than Friday, April 7.
30 educators for each conference will be selected and notified by Friday, April 21.
The two conferences will be held:
Middle School – Monday and Tuesday, July 24th-25th
High School – Thursday and Friday, July 27th-28th
C-SPAN’s StudentCam 2017 Winners Announced
C-SPAN is pleased to announce the 150 winning videos in this year’s StudentCam competition! Congratulations to each of the winning filmmakers, whose videos competed among the record-setting 2,903 documentaries that were received. Over 5,600 students representing 46 states, as well as Washington DC, England, Singapore and Taiwan took part in the competition.
We would once again like to thank all of the students and faculty advisors who participated this year. We hope that the creation of your documentary was a rewarding learning experience, and that you enjoyed making them as much as we enjoyed watching them! Details about our new 2018 StudentCam competition will be announced at the beginning of the new school year.
2017 C-SPAN StudentCam Documentary Winners (Web Page)
2017 C-SPAN StudentCam Documentary Winners Press Release (.PDF)
Top 5 Documentaries
Grand Prize:
“The Tempest-Tossed”
First Prize High School – East Division:
“Invisible”
First Prize High School – Central Division:
“Enough is Enough”
First Prize High School – West Division:
“Fossil Fuels to Renewables”
First Prize Middle School:
“US Gun Violence: A Complicated Puzzle”
If you have questions about the competition, please email us at [email protected]
Order your FREE American Presidents Timeline Poster!
Our free American Presidents Timeline poster is now available for order. All orders that were received by February 28 will be shipped next week. All orders placed between now and March 31 will be shipped the first week of April.
This colorful 6′ long poster details the lives and public service careers of every president, plus key historical events, Supreme Court cases, Constitutional Amendments, and technology milestones throughout history.
To reserve yours, simply visit our Special Offers page, log-in, and click on “Get This Offer.” The poster is FREE of charge to C-SPAN Classroom members (* limit of one poster per member and only available to members residing in the U.S. and territories).
www.c-span.org/classroom