Workshops for Future Journalists

Workshops for Future Journalists

Tyra Ware and Zena Whitworth

Attention,
Anyone interested in joining The Main Street Journal Newspaper (print or online)this workshop will be a good start.  Anyone can attend. If you are interested please read and follow the directions.
Click here to find out more
There is a workshop on April 15 at the Shirley Povich Center for Sports Journalism and is hosting for all students in the Washington-Virginia-Maryland area. It’s from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the University of Maryland.
The workshop is free and breakfast and lunch will be provided.
This is their tenth year putting on this workshop. With the help and participation of a number of the leading members of the Washington-Baltimore sports media community – they provide important learning tools and inspiration to students interested in sports media.
For the first time this year, they will also be having an admissions session for interested high school students.
There will be panels on features and beat writing, sports radio & TV, working for a sports team, sports photography and more. At the end, students are invited to bring their own work to get critiqued by professionals.
They will also have journalists from The Washington Post, ESPN, CBS Sports, The Sporting News and more attending!

To register for the event, email Professor Whitworth at [email protected]  with your school and grade level.

The workshop schedule is in the process of being finalized – all info here: https://go.umd.edu/Workshop17
There is also attached our flyer for distribution.
Povich Workshop 2017
Please let me know if you have any questions!