A Night of Excellence

Telicia Farmer

March 30, 2017 marked the second annual Night of Excellence for Charles Herbert Flowers High School. Thanks to the committee Ms. Davis, Mr. Mallardi , Ms. Washington, Ms. Morton, and Mr. Waldron the event was a success.  Night of Excellence is a special night not just for students, teachers, administrations, but especially for parents! The night gives students to be recognized and honored for their outstanding work. Only students who received 3.5 or higher first and second quarter.  There were over 200 students who received awards for earning Principal’s Honor Roll and or High Honors. The Awards were as follows :
Community Partner Award
 Presented to:
Andrea Harrison
In appreciation for your dedication and service to the Charles Herbert Flowers High School Community.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Charles Herbert Flowers High School Honors
Presented to:
 D. Michael Lyles, Esq
For providing words of encouragement and motivation at the 2017 Evening of Excellence Ceremony.
2017 Scholar of the Year
Presented to
Alpha Gassama
excelling academically during his academic career. This student not only receives exemplary grades, but also participates and excels in various academic enrichment activities and takes on other challenging courses and tasks.
2017 Spirit of Service Award
Presented to:
Caitland Okorafor
For making a tangible, measurable impact on your communities.
2017 Student Leadership Award
Presented to:
 Charles Omoregbee
For achievements, that have made a valuable contribution and lasting impact on your school community.
 2017 Student Leadership Award
Presented to:
Cheyanne Rosier
For achievements, that have made a valuable contribution and lasting impact on your school community
2017 Student Artist Award
Presented to:
Micah Duckett
For excellence in the visual/performing arts and academics.
2017 Scholar Athlete Award
Presented to:
 Pharist O’Neal
For exhibiting excellence in both Academics and Athletics.
2017 Helena Nobles-Jones Lifetime Achievement (“Great by Choice”) Award
Cynthia Clark
For embodying the mission, vision and core values of Prince Georges County Public School System and having assisted in building a strong and sustainable school community.
Congratulations to all honorees who received awards for always exhibiting Jag Pride and continue to  demonstrate leadership, work ethic, skill and service!