Senior Requirements for Graduation

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Silhouettes of Diverse International Students Celebrating Graduation

Nnadozie Okarazu

Upcoming graduating seniors of the class of 2018, the time is approaching for you to leave Charles Herbert Flowers High School. This is an exciting time for most of you but can be stressful to some. This stress may come from the realization that you have not completed the duties you were supposed to from freshman to junior year. These tasks may include but are not limited to: HSA, PARCC, Community Service Hours, or classes needed to graduate.
The following information will be a basic outline pertaining to areas needed for each student, respectively:
HSA

• HSA Biology Minimum Score Requirement: 400
  • HSA Algebra/Data Analysis: 412
  • HSA LSN Government: 394
  • HSA English Language: 396

Students entering 9th grade in the 2012-2013 school year or in a prior year (including students who entered 9th grade in 2011-2012, 2010-2011, or 2009-2010) do not need to pass the government HSA for graduation but may choose to apply the score toward a combined score. These students have two options to meet the combined score option:

1. Students MAY achieve a combined score of 1602 on the English, Algebra/Data Analysis, Biology, and Government HSAs.

OR
2.  Students MAY achieve a combined score of 1208 on the English, Algebra/Data Analysis, and Biology HSA
PARCC

• Must take Algebra II PARCC (and pass)
  • Must take English 10 PARCC (sit to complete)
  • Must take English 11 PARCC (sit to complete)

Service Hours

• 24 hours or more

Classes

• Visit your guidance counselor to change schedules to adjust to your graduation requirement.

Guidance
ST/PLTW/Computer Science/Fire Science/Pro-Start 

• Dubose: A-Ji
  • Mason: Jo-Z

School Wide

• Phillips: A-E
  • Mosley: F-Me
  • Bostic: Mf-S
  • Groves: T-Z

3D Scholars

• King

More information available at: