Adios Senora Gray! Beloved Spanish Teacher Plans to Volunteer After Retirement

Many students know Senora Gray either from her saying “Hola!” to you in the halls with a big smile on her face or if you have even token Spanish 2.
Students will mostly describe her as nice, energetic or caring. When you walk into her room the first thing your eyes may land on is her arrangements of traditional Spanish hats pined up against her wall, or a very colorful room with a mini tree in the corner. Sra. Gray is a very dedicated teacher.  Students leave her class everyday learning several new things.
Mrs. Kathryn S. Gray has worked at Charles Herbert Flowers High School for seven years, being a Spanish teacher. But she has been an educator for 41 years. She was always a classroom teacher. For example she has taught Sign Language, Spanish, and U.S. History. What made Gray become an educator was her love of sharing and also her 7th grade Spanish teacher. “It was the best I ever learned.” she said.
Her plans after retirement are to sleep for the first three months, continue being active at her church and interpret for the deaf. She also always wanted to volunteer as a docent at the Museum of Natural History. Her most memorable moment at Flowers is the annual field trips to the restaurants and museum. She always liked seeing students being interested with language.  Senora Gray will mostly miss educating and all the wonderful students she has taught at Flowers. Also she will miss the Ski Club.
“I hope that my time with students has inspired them and hope that they may even consider teaching as their occupation.