4.0 Luncheon at Dave and Buster's

4.0 Luncheon at Dave and Buster's

Praise Oladoyin

I was honored to be apart of the Principal’s Honor Roll celebration at Dave and Buster’s on Friday, December 22, 2017. We were supposed to depart promptly at10:00 AM, but delays happen, we left at 10:30 AM. Students had to present their permission slips in order to be allowed on the bus. But the slips didn’t specify whether or not the students paid, so they could have gotten on the bus without paying which is unfair to those who paid.
When we arrived on the bus, the ride was short and before I knew it, we were at the destination. Because there was a shortage of staff at Dave and Buster’s, the students had to go in sections in order to avoid commotion. My section had to get drinks first, and then we were allowed to get food. The choices of food were: hamburgers, chicken tenders and french fries. I heard a student say, “The hamburger smells like fart, but it tastes okay. If you’re about to take a bite, hold your breath!”
As a surprise, the manager on shift gave the students unlimited playing cards for that day as a reward for being scholars. The chaperones had to rush the students while playing games and redeeming tickets when it was time to leave. On the bus back to school, I overheard some students saying, “Today was wonderful, especially the unlimited playing cards, but the food was a disappointment.” Others chimed in agreeing with the student.
In my personal opinion, I thought the luncheon was a great idea.