A Brief Look at School Events

CHFHS News Staff

Homecoming
-The SGA committee will be working hard on our Homecoming events starting October 17th, in Ms. T-Washingon’s room. Meetings will be held every A day in 4th period. SGA president Atiya Stewart and Vice President Angela White will run the meeting to come up with ideas. Contact Atiya Stewart or any other additional SGA officer for more info.
National Societies
-The National Art Honor Society and Computer Graphics club will host their next meeting on October 5th. It will be after school at 2:45 in room 903. NAHS Adviser Ms. Siedlecki will run the meetings. You may contact her at [email protected]

-National Honor Society will host their next meeting on Oct. 3, at 2:40 – 3:30pm in room 1204. NHS president Sherri Brighthaupt will run the meeting. The topic will be on their first commmunity service project. She can be contacted at [email protected]
Sports
-This Saturday, October 1, 2011, the varsity football team will be playing one of their rivals, Suitland High School. The game will take place at Suitland and it will start at 3:00 p.m. Come out to support the team and cheer them on to victory!
-Both the JV and Varsity volleyball teams won their games on Thursday night, September 22, 2011, at 5:30 p.m and 7:30 p.m. This will make Varsity’s record 2-3 and JV’s record 3-2. Both JV and Varsity won their matches back to back.
Clubs
-The Poetry Club is starting up again this year. It’s an outlet for students to express themselves through written word. The interest meeting is on Tuesday, September 27th in Ms.Coehlo’s room, Rm. 304, and will be led by club president, Brianna Hall. Contact Opey at twitter.com/O_Slice for more info.
-The Photography Club has returned this year at Flowers! The club is student motivated and allows the members to come up with their own ideas. The club will hold meetings every Tuesday from 2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Meetings will take place in room 810 and are cordinated by Mr. Hobbs. Members must have their own cameras. The club is currently deciding on T-Shirt designs, fundraisers, and club Treasurers.
– The Newspaper Club held their interest meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 20. Their next meeting will be held in Room 304 at 2:35 pm on Tuesday, Oct. 4. Freelancers should come prepared to sign up for their first story or photo assignment. The meeting will be run by Editor-in-Chief Tram Nguyen.
Teams
-The Step Team will hold tryouts on September 26, 2011 at 2:45pm in room 632. The Step Team members will run the tryouts.
-Kouture involves student modeling. Ms. T. Wash sponsors a meeting EVERY Monday and Wednesday in the Multipurpose Room. The Captins of Kouture are Brittnae, Tiesha, and Robert. Tryouts were September 14-16th. New members have already been confirmed.
Music
The Concert Band is practicing for several upcoming events. The winter concert will be held on December 16, 2011. The sponsors of this organization are Mr. Lloyd and Mr. Myles. Help support the musical sounds of the Charles H. Flowers, Concert Band.