Stuff-a-Bus Canned Food Drive: Nov 7-30

Stuff-a-Bus Canned Food Drive: Nov 7-30

Aliyah Malik-McCraw, Freelance Reporter

Do you have can foods at home that never seem to leave your kitchen cabinets? Well, the Student Government Association (SGA) can help you with that! SGA is trying to get as many cans as possible for the Stuff-A-Bus Can Food Drive  at our school. The title is exactly what their goal is; to stuff a bus with can foods and send it to families in poverty.
Did you know that there are 63,748 people that are living in poverty and 21,310 of them are children? So far, SGA has raised at least 250 cans but they need so much more to stuff a bus. This cause will help lots of  families who live in poverty.
The organization, Maryland Food Bank Harvest for the Maryland State Hunger Department for Education, is sponsoring this drive to make sure families and children receive food and grow up big and strong. If you are interested and want to contribute to help families in poverty please, please, PLEASE donate canned goods! You can bring your cans to your 1A class or to the main office. There will be a reward to the class that brings in the most can foods.
“The class that brings in the most cans will be able to receive a ice cream social for their class” said an SGA member,  Krystal Spriggs.
The last day to bring then in is November 30th. So, students, hurry up and bring those cans!