Rage and Trauma

REUTERS

Nikolas Cruz, facing 17 charges of premeditated murder in the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, appears in court for a status hearing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S. February 19, 2018. REUTERS/Mike Stocker/Pool

Jade Banks

During the past 2 weeks, a devastating event took place at a Florida high school, leaving 17 dead and many injured. Among coaches, teachers and students many lives were lost. Grief and rage fill the air of the parents and peers who both witnessed and experienced the attack. School shooters are a large problem within the U.S. and no one knows how to deal with them except the usual, “You’ll get an expulsion” or “No weaponry of any kind is allowed of this campus”. But how can you stop such an event before it happens? What are the signs that this might occur?
In the case of this shooter, there were many trails and signs that he was going to shoot up a school or a cause a public disturbance that would have ended with death such as:

• Posing with guns on social media
  • Making a YouTube comment saying: “I’m going to become a professional school shooter”
  • He lost both of his parents as well as showing signs of depression

Here are some signs that there may be someone who is in the midst of committing such crime:

1. The lack of regret or remorse- showing no signs of sorrow regret after doing an unspeakable act
  2. Acting violently or getting in trouble often-getting suspended from school, getting in more fights and threatening other students (building up their violence pay

There are many more signs and issues you can see in someone, but these are some of the main highlights of the Florida school shooter. My prayers go out to all of those who were affected by this tragic event.