Mr. Dickey: Students Here Have Goals

Mr. Dickey: Students Here Have Goals

Opeyemi Owoeye, General Reporter

From Juvenile Detention center, to the halls of Charles Herbert Flowers, Mr. Matt Dickey is no stranger to discipline. Just looking at him you would not believe that this cool headed, easy going guy came from working with kids who “simply didn’t care”. He sees a difference in the students here,
“The students here are motivated for the most part, some just need some coercion”, said Dickey.
Mr. Dickey is the new technology teacher at Charles Herbert Flowers High School. His classroom is located in near the main office on the first floor.
So far he is enjoying his experience teaching but then again “I’ve only been here for four weeks” he joked. “No favorite students yet.”
Thus far, Flowers met his expectations, but if he was able to change something about the school the only thing he could think of was more technology.
“The students I used to teach didn’t care. They didn’t care about school, they didn’t care about education, and some of them didn’t even care about their own lives. Coming from a place where the children had that mentality to a Mecca of Excellence has to be refreshing.
“Dealing with students here shouldn’t be a problem at all,” he said. “Students here have goals and I’m happy to be a part of Charles Herbert Flowers High School.”