Girls Basketball: Flowers vs. Parkdale

Jahne Campbell, Staff Writer

On Friday, December 9th, at 5:30 PM, Charles Herbert Flowers High School Girls JV basketball team started the second game of the season against the Parkdale Panthers. As quickly as the game started, it quickly ended. The Lady Jags showed no mercy ending the game at 55-17. The Panthers finally managed to score in the 3rd quarter, but it was not enough to catch up to Flowers’ almost 40 point lead.

“They did good and I feel like they put their best foot forward,” said Joseanne Lopez, a CHFHS junior attendee.

The bleachers steadily filled as Varsity took the court and prepared for their game. Respectful silence was held, as everyone stood to the recording of the National Anthem by Jordin Sparks. The players were introduced, and the game began.

Within the first five seconds, a three pointer was scored by the Lady Jags. Minutes later the score went from 16-0 to 18-0 as Cierra Simms, senior, put in two baskets back to back. The first quarter continued as the Jaguars put in wonderful work to end the first quarter 34-5. By halftime the score was 54-20. Third quarter was not any better for the Parkdale Panthers as one of their team members fouled out of the game by committing five fouls.

“You forgot to dribble!” shouted the Jaguar Cheerleaders, as the referee called the Panthers out for traveling.

Third quarter ended 76-25 and the final score of the game was 93-41. Both JV and Varsity did exceptionally well tonight, putting their record for the season 2-0.

Their next game will be on Tuesday, December 13th against Dr. Henry A Wise High School. Come out and support our Lady Jags!