Black Lives Matter Movement!

Black Lives Matter Movement!

Indira Nzerue

Black lives matter is an international activist movement. Its mission is to build local power and to intervene in violence towards the black community. This movement is important in many aspects within students, schools,and communities.
It is important to our students because it teaches us the oppression and violence that we as a colored group of people face in the world. This movement shows us that we have to strive and fight in order to get what we want. They inform us on the police brutality and racial profiling we will face as we get older we will start to understand what the phrase “Black lives Matter” and by saying this does not mean all lives do not matter. It means that we have to bring awareness to what is happening to our black brothers ,and sisters whose lives have been taken away due to unnecessary violence placed upon them . It is necessary that us as students know what is going on when it comes to the color of our skin. We are young and we are capable of protesting what is right and what is wrong.
When it comes to schools they should highlight the Black Lives Matter movement. School is a big platform and should inform the students about what’s also going on out there in the real world. Students need to be informed whether schools support it or not. At the end of the day the movement needs to be expressed to all so that the students know that there are people out there fighting for our equality ,fighting so that police brutality can stop. The least schools can do is inform the students what the movement is trying to achieve.
The Black Lives Matter Movement has a wide spectrum and different communities. They affirm the lives of Black queer and trans people, undocumented people, people with records, women and all black lives along the gender spectrum. Where police brutality exists fear exists in that community. When you hear that a whole bunch of black people young and old have been targeted because of their race it makes you think “Am i Next?”. Which is why communities should come together and protest and demand the appropriate amount of force necessary from law enforcement and demand justice for the deaths of innocent brothers and sisters that have died at the hands of police. As a Community we are stronger together.
I hope that as the years go by everybody starts to see what we see from our point of view. When it comes to this movement , we need all the support we can get so that we as black people can get the treatment we deserve.