Senior Night: Last Game

Senior Night: Last Game

Jahne Campbell, Staff Writer

On Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM, the seniors of the Lady Jaguars Varsity Basketball Team played their last game of the season. Varsity Seniors were escorted in by their families, while their top three colleges were announced. Afterwards, a recording of the National Anthem by Whitney Houston was played as the ROTC Drill Team presented colors. Then the game began.
Ciera Simms got the jump ball, giving the Jaguars the ball first. With five minutes left in the first quarter, Opeyemi Owoeye puts in the first two pointer for the Lady Jags. Destiny Bond and LeNee Kimbell followed back to back with two more two pointers. The first quarter ended with 10:7.
Swish! Cheina Thompson put in the first two pointer for within the first five seconds of second quarter. Kimbell stole the ball putting the game 23:16. During Halftime, the Black and Green Marching Machine performed while members of the football team began to dance with the cheerleaders. Third quarter ended with 32:27 and the end score was 39:34.
The Lady Jags ended their season with yet another win, putting their record at 18-2. They suffered a loss from Wise and Suitland High School but otherwise, they had a wonderful season. Playoffs begin in two weeks so come and support the Lady Jags.
February 27th , 2012 at 7:30 pm the Lady Jaguars will participate in their firstĀ  playoff game against either High Point or Laurel at home.