NSBE: Gearing up for Nationals!

Vanessa Roachè

This year we will be attending nationals in Detroit, Michigan. We will be leaving March 26-31. We will be competing against other NSBE teams The teams that will be competing are our VEX and Ten80 teams.
Mission of NSBE: to increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community. 

Ten80

Ten80 is a team of STEM, education and business professionals dedicated to cultivating a STEM Ecosystem that unites and inspires the next generation of entrepreneurial thinkers and innovators, empowering ALL students to thrive in a world of constant innovation.
We participate in the Student Racing Challenge. We’ve changed our team name because we created two new ones called BURNOUTS and Racing Royals. In the racing challenge, students own a sports team and their ultimate goal is to engineer performance. This includes personal performance, team performance and of course, race performance. The base technology for Student Racing Challenge teams is a 1:10 scale electric radio-controlled (RC) car that can be setup in over 4 million ways before re-engineering a single part. In this curriculum we learn how to problem solve and apply mechanical and electrical engineering skills.

Vex

“VEX EDR is more than an integrated system of motors, wheels, metal, and sensors that can be used to build or program robots. It’s an established classroom companion for STEM learning in middle and high school. It’s a tool to help students understand crucial problem-solving concepts. It’s a catalyst to help students discover a passion that could continue to drive them through college, a career, or even the rest of their life.”

More details from the event coming soon.