New Teacher on the Block

Jocelyn Guinyard, General Reporter

General Reporter
    Ms. Kristian Bovell starts by saying “Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater” – Albert Einstein, one of her all time favorite quote.

Born in Washington DC, Ms. Bovell attended Western High School in Baltimore, MD.  Highly inspired by her mother, she wanted to be come a teacher. “My mom inspired me to become a teacher because she has worked in education all my life and made impact on children’s live throughout the years.” said Ms. Bovell.

Attending Trinity University in Washington DC, she received a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and a master’s degree in Education Administration. She enjoys math a lot.

Students around the school say, Ms. Bovell is experiencing her 1st year at CHFHS and is happy to be a member of the team. She has three different math classes and teaches all grade levels.

“I love working at CHFHS, there is a great school spirit and culture here,” said Ms. Bovell. She became a teacher because she wanted to help students like and appreciate math in today’s life. During the times Ms. Kristian Bovell is not teaching she like to travel to different places to experience the different outlooks.

Bovell, who teaches math said, “Mr. Brown seems to be doing a great job! He’s very knowledgeable, efficient, and helpful.” She said.  So far her students enjoy her activeness and class. This year she expects her students to work to the best of their abilities and if they are uncertain about anything ask for help.

This might not be her first year teaching but it is her first year as a family member of CHFHS and we welcome her with much support and love.