Flowers Goes Back in Time for a Day

Meghan Brown, General Reporter

This year’s spirit week was one to remember. Celebrities like Aaliyah, TLC, the cast of Saved By the Bell, Carlton Banks from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and the stereotypical nerd were some of the stars from the 90’s that were spotted on Thursday.
Some students wore outfits from the 80’s to the 90’s while others were dressed a little more eccentrically. The most common decade students represented was the 90’s with baggy jeans and over-sized sweaters and jackets.
However the people that caught the most attention were those who wore pajamas for Throwback Thursday. Their reasoning: they were born in the 90’s so for the half the decade they were babies.
“I’m excited how all of it [came] together and [played] out. We’re able to do some things that we weren’t able to do before,” said SGA sponsor Mr. Norman.
For some, Thursday was an excuse to dress up in their favorite outfit from the past. Or an excuse to “dress up like old people like Jimmy Hendricks” said eleventh grader, Evan Malcolm.
“I thought [Throwback Thursday] was pretty fun. I got to dress up in the old style that I actually really like,” said eleventh grader, Divinia Shorter.
This spirit really exceeded expectations with Thursday being a very exciting day. This spirit week officially set the standard for future spirit weeks at CHFHS.