The Future is Now: Students Engage in the Annual College Fair

By Jessica D. Brown, Co-Editor

As a chef would set the table for an exquisite meal, the representatives of the various universities prepared their table with great enthusiasm.

“It feels great being a representative for Charles Herbert Flowers High School. It is good to see the interest from 9th – 12th grade.” Samantha Garcia-Lopez, Prince George’s Community College representative.

Every student of Charles H. Flowers High School has a dream, many of which includes going to college. This day has been set aside to give the students the opportunity to familiarize themselves with some of the top universities in the country. It also allows them to explore their options and educate them on the application process and financial assistance availability. About 500 students were estimated to have attend.

“The College Fair was a great success! Many students came out and received information on scholarships and applications.” said Nigel Haynes, 12th grade student.

The College Fair will serve as a foundation in which the students’ career paths will travel. The experiences and opportunities provided to every student will be a tremendous help in the decision making process. With the greatness instilled in every student, they will proceed in life to maintain the honor of being “A Mecca of Excellence!”