Colleges Of The Week

Jenise Clark, General Reporter

Home of the Hornets

Delaware State is a 4 year, medium-sized public university. This coed college is located in a large town in a suburban setting and is primarily a residential campus. It offers bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. It is a historically black college with accreditation from Regionally Accredited and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Delaware State University has a 12:1 teacher student ratio with 71 percent of their freshman students returning for sophomore year.

Delaware State University has many on campus activities ranging from Greek life to Drama and Theater. On campus tuition out of state is 30,000 a year which isn’t too expensive when you think of an out of state school. To apply you must have taken the SAT or ACT and earned at least a 2.0 gpa throughout your high school career.
If you plan on attending a university that offers multiple majors and isn’t too close to home Delaware Stae University could be the place for you.

Home of the Hawks

University of Maryland: Eastern Shore, is a 4 year, medium sized, public university.  This coed college is located in a rural community in a rural setting and is primarily a residential campus. It offers certificate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. UMES is a historically black college with accreditation from Regionally Accredited and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. UMES has a 17:1 student-teacher ratio with over half of their freshman students returning for sophomore year. UMES has various on campus activities ranging from Jazz Band to its own Radio Station. In-state tuition is 19,887 which is a great price including room and board. Too apply you must have taken the SAT or ACT and have earned at least a 2.5 gpa throughout your high school career.
If you plan on attending a a university that offers multiple majors but isn’t too close to home UMES may be the place for you.