Join Our (FYI) Finding Your Identity Club guaranteed to change your perspective on your life

Do you need a safe place to share? Do you want to be a listener or an open heart for others? Then FYI is just for you. FYI is run by Ms. Porchea and is a program that anyone in any grade level can join. In FYI meetings students can share personal issues or stories to an open, non-judgemental space or lend an ear to fellow classmates. 
    FYI takes place in Ms. Porchea’s classroom, room 303, located on the third floor. 
program because she always had students coming to her for real advice, and she felt children needed to be mentored. FYI is so important to her, she believes students need an outlet to share. A fun fact about Ms. Porchea is that she likes to choreograph dances and she has a motorcycle with a license

Please come out and join, your presence is truly appreciated. The next meeting is October 16, 2019. FYI meet every Wednesday afterschool. 
FYI starts Immediately after school and concludes at 4: 30 pm. 
  Chatting isn’t the only thing that occurs during the meetings. Students can freely discuss recent events, controversial topics, and life goals and plans. They can either be mentors that guide and give advice or mentees to other members. Some meetings have popular inspirational guest speakers, such as, Sandra McFadden. Ms. McFadden has a Ph.D in Psychology and Neuroscience. She has been all over mentoring since she was mentored in college by a professor. Mr. Jim Willott.  
Here are additional quotes from Ms. Porchea’s students/ members:

“FYI is such an eye-opening experience and a safe place.”

• Dayonna Jameson

“Ms. Porchea is the best teacher, hands-down. PERIOD.” 

• Jaedyn O 

“FYI allows you to reflect on your emotions and thoughts in a safe place where you can relate to others.”

• Natalia Romero