USM’s Way2GoMaryland to Hold Free College-Prep on Dec. 1

Press Release

The University System of Maryland’s (USM’s) Way2GoMaryland campaign will host Prince George’s County middle and high school students (6th-10th grades) in a free event to learn more about preparing and paying for college. The event is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 1, at University of Maryland University College’s Inn and Conference Center located at Adelphi and University Boulevard, Adelphi, MD. Free parking will be available in the lot adjacent to the conference center.

Way2GoMaryland is USM’s campaign to encourage more students and their parents/guardians to begin preparing for college early. At the December event, participants will hear from university students about their college preparation experiences and attend an information fair with admissions representatives from USM universities. Breakout sessions will focus on paying for college, high-school coursework, and college majors.
Also featured will be door-prize giveaways, announcement of the winners of the Way2GoMaryland essay contest, and light refreshments.
The Dec. 1 program is scheduled to be held 10am- 1pm. On-site registration will begin at 9am, though participants are strongly encouraged to pre-register by visiting the Way2GoMaryland site at: http://way2gomaryland.org/event/way2go-prince-georges-county. Online registration is open through November 28th, 2012. Call-in-registration is available through November 28th at 301.445.2756.
To pre-register a large group (eight or more students), call 301.445.2756. The deadline for a large group registration is November 6th. Students attending this event must be accompanied by parent or adult guadians.