Are You Ready to Graduate? Senior Assembly Notes

Samara Bharath, General Reporter

Are you ready to graduate?! Here are the notes from the Senior Assembly held Wednesday, April 10, 2013.

• May is the last chance to retake HSA tests for seniors

• Prom

• Dress code: no midriffs showing, no deep slits, no plunging necklines or backlines, no denim or sneakers for guys

• Prom tickets are now $100, will be sold starting on the 22nd or 23rd of April

• Your date must be under the age of 21, and approved by Mr. Edwards or Mrs. Silva via a guest form (found in their office)

• Graduation

• Graduation is May 28th, students must report to Comcast Center by 11 am, ceremony commences at 1 pm

• Every family gets 10 tickets initially

• Dress code: white dresses and shoes for girls; black pants, black tie, black dress shoes, and white shirt for boys.  NO flip flops, no sling-back, no other color on the shoe but white

• Graduation rehearsals are May 22nd and 23rd at 8 am in the gym

• On the 22nd, cap & gown, yearbook, and t-shirts will be passed out.

• On the 23rd, the senior picnic will take place after the rehearsal on the field.

• Locker cleanout will begin May 14th for third floor lockers, and the 15th for second floor lockers.

• Tuesday, May 7th is the Parent Appreciation dinner at the UMUC Marriott Center from 6:30 to 9:30.  If you paid senior dues, you have already paid for yourself and one parent.

• Obligations are to be paid to Ms. Bussey before first period or after 1 pm up until graduation rehearsals.  No money will be collected on the stated rehearsal date or after.

• Seniors who need a copy of their final transcript must submit a stamped and addressed envelope with their name on the inside flap to Ms. Robinson in the guidance office