Duval Students Evacuated After Fire

Tamois Graham

For two consecutive days, students were evacuated following small fire incidents at DuVal High School in Lanham. The first incident took place on Jan. 9. According to Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department, a fire broke out and quickly extinguished in a toilet at approximately 11:45 a.m. while students were in class. The fire alarm rang out, and students performed a fire drill evacuation out of the building. According to PGFD, nobody was injured or transported to the hospital.