Northwestern High School's Head Basketball Coach Died From Coronavirus

Virginia Bates

Terrance Burke, Northwestern High School’s head basketball coach and a counselor, has died from the Coronavirus, school officials said Saturday. Monica Goldson, chief executive officer of the Prince George’s County Public Schools, shared the news of Burke’s death at about 2 p.m. Saturday.

“With a heavy heart, I am sad to share the news that Mr. Terrance Burke, Northwestern High School Professional School Counselor and head basketball coach, has died from the Coronavirus (COVID-19),” Goldson said in a Prince George’s County announcements email. “I know this news is devastating and shocking to many in the Northwestern High School community and all who knew and loved him. Please know that my heart is breaking with yours and I am praying for your strength and comfort during this time.”
Community psychologists and the school district’s professional school counselors will provide online guidance and support to students and teachers for as long as possible, Goldson said.
In Maryland, the number of cases of Coronavirus increased by 218 from Friday to Saturday morning. “That takes the cumulative number of State lawsuits to 992,” said Gov. Larry Hogan.
Source: Patch