NYU Tisch's Department of Performance Studies BA Program!

Fredrick Groves

Good afternoon Charles Herbert Flowers Senior Students:

We are reaching out to you to share information about our exciting B.A. program in Performance Studies at NYU Tisch School of the Arts. Kindly complete this form to receive information about our program. We welcome you to get to know more about what we do at Performance Studies; students can sit in on a class, meet with a program director, or allow us to come to you! We’re happy to schedule a virtual session to speak with your students about our program.
Located in the heart of New York City’s vibrant art scene, The Department of Performance Studies is dedicated to the analysis and study of cultural enactments of all kinds and to understanding how they can produce meaningful change. We are not a performing arts department – we don’t train students to do performance – but we welcome students who are excited about analyzing and understanding it in an interdisciplinary context that includes anthropology, ethnic and gender studies, religious studies, philosophy, etc.
Performance Studies scholars are teachers, artists, administrators, musicians, critics, writers, and journalists, radio personalities, political activists, choreographers, curators, actors, scholars, theater directors, and much, much more. This makes for an exceptionally rich community of thinkers, doers, and makers. We’re looking for smart, curious students with strong writing and critical thinking skills who are interested in performance as an object of study: this might include students who have done performance (theater, dance, music, etc.) but it also includes students who enjoy thinking and writing about performance as well.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any further questions about the B.A. program in Performance Studies! Thank you for your time and consideration.
Warmly,
Bobbie
The Department of Performance Studies @ NYU

721 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10003
p: (212) 998-1620
f: (212) 995-4571