12/9/2020 Morning Announcements

Gorman brown

Welcome to Winning Jaguar Wednesday at the Mecca of Excellence. Today is an “A” day. Though we are on an altered schedule, please arrive at class on time, with cameras on ready to learn.
We continue with our  Winning Jaguar Wednesday with some phenomenal opportunities for our Jaguars to engage.  There are dozens of opportunities throughout the day to engage in your favorite club or activity, receive tutoring, ask questions, or just hang out virtually with some friends. I WILL BE HOSTING A MANHOOD 101 SESSION FROM 1PM-2PM TO DISCUSS OUR UPCOMING COMMUNITY SERVICE INITIATIVE.  The schedule for Jaguar Wednesday is here:

Class Times

Jaguar Wednesday

7:45 am – 8:15 am

Period 1

8:20 am – 8:50 am

Period 2

9:00 am  – 9:50 am Jag Hour 1

Jag Hour

• Tutoring, Study Hall, Sessions for Make Up Work/ Assessments, Enrichment Activities/Clubs, Class Meetings, Scheduled Office Hours

10:00 am – 11:15 am

Lunch

11:15 am -11:45 am

Period 3

11:50 am -12: 20 pm

Period 4

12:20 pm – 1:10 pm Jag Hour 2

1:10 pm  – 2:00 pm  Jag Hour 3

Jag Hour  (2)

The link to the teachers schedules for clubs and activities is here WINNING JAGUAR WEDNESDAY CLUB/ ACTIVITY/ TEACHER SCHEDULE
If you have any questions, please feel free to drop my Office Hours and I will provide you with any information that you need!
Vocabulary Initiative 
During the thirty minute classes we will be focusing on attendance and our vocabulary initiative. Which leads us to our POWER WORD OF THE WEEK!!!! As explained in an earlier correspondence, each Wednesday we will focus on assisting you in incorporating a new POWER word into your vocabulary. The word for this week is LACERATIONThe Link to the vocabulary student sheet  that you will submit is here. Once you have submitted the form you will submit it to the student form data base here for a chance to win prizes. The winners for last week are:
Based on the following rubric, the three winners from last week’s SAT word of the Day were selected and listed below (ordered by score).
         1.  Lian Agwumezie, grade 12 (No fourth period teacher)
        2.  Sydney Virgil, grade 11 (4th period teacher: Mr. Bongbong Fernandez)
        3.  Talia Jackson, grade 12 (4th period teacher: Ms. Victoria Lee)
Gift cards for the above students are available in the Main Office on Monday and Wednesday from 8-3.
Shout out to the top class, Mr. Fernandez 4th period, that had 11 submissions!

AP Course Registration Information Jag Hour

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

9:00 AM

THIS MEETING IS FOR ANY STUDENT WHO MISSED THE FIRST SESSION FOR ANY REASON. NEW STUDENTS ARE WELCOME

LEARN ABOUT OUR AP PROGRAM, THE AP COURSES WE OFFER, THE BENEFITS OF AP, HOW TO REGISTER FOR COURSES

IF YOU ATTENDED THE FIRST SESSION DO NOT ATTEND THIS SESSION

JOIN US ON  ZOOM

https://pgcps-org.zoom.us/j/86069266388?pwd=ZzZrWFdDQk1nQXZxUTNoZythQ0w4dz09

You must have a PGCPS email to join this meeting. Parents and guardians are welcome to view.

Important Message for Seniors: Morgan State University

Morgan State University with some great news! The application fee waiver code is extended to December 31, 2020. If you experience issues applying using the Morgan State site, the student may apply through the Common Black College Application using the fee waiver code, FREE20.

OUR RECORDED ANNOUNCEMENTS FEATURE TOW AMAZING VIDEOS. FIRST, OUR GRAND PRIZE AWARD WINNER CHLOE MOSES’ RENDITION OF THE ALMA MATER AND ANOTHER POIGNANT MESSAGE FROM PRINCE EA.LISTEN IN!