Ladies Spring Sports are Here

Ladies Lacrosse Team

Staff Photo by Virginia Bates

The ladies lacrosse team joining together preparing for their upcoming season.

Mohamed Cole, Editor: Virginia Bates

There have been numerous questions regarding how sports will look as we return to in-person activities. The athletic program at Flowers highschool has insured safety while providing opportunities for our students to engage in athletic activities during the pandemic. Student athletics now have a chance to get out of the house and get back on the field.

Spring sports have already begun. In early April teams from Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse, Tennis, Track, and Bocce had started forming their team with tryouts. However, one team is still looking for new players.

The Girls Lacrosse team is lacking a few players to have a full and unchallengeable. The team has few first years that’s already found their way on the team.  If you never played lacrosse, don’t worry head Coach Whitworth and assistance Coach Baylor will teach you how to play. So if you are interested in playing lacrosse then now is the perfect time to join.

The girl’s lacrosse team Jags Lacrosse has practice every weekday (Monday-Friday) from 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM

All you need to do to play is the following:

• Physicals must be uploaded and approved on formreleaf.com
  • Bring water, towel, and masks
  • Join google classroom – ie7kyzv

All students must be cleared via the Form Releaf registration portal prior to joining the team. The link to signup on Formreleaf is here…CLICK here to Register. Students will also need a physical signed by a doctor for either season. Here is the link for that document. Physical Form. Also, email the coach if you plan on joining.

There will be daily check-in protocols for all participants. The following information will assist all participants and provide guidelines for the safe and efficient operation of our athletic program.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact athletic director Carlyle Rose, [email protected]

Play while having fun. Let’s make GOALS!