My Final Goodbye

Nasrin Ali, Editor: Virginia Bates

As my senior year quickly draws to a close, I am filled with many emotions. I am excited, nervous, a little bit sad, and very nostalgic. I honestly don’t think that it’s really hit me yet, as I could never envision myself graduating.

High school felt like it would last forever.  Who would’ve thought that the shy freshman who entered high school would be leaving as the confident young woman I have blossomed into? These last 4 years have been a test for me, in every sense of the word. However, there has also been a tremendous period of growth. There have been many new beginnings, and now, it is time for an end.

As I prepare to leave the Mecca of Excellence and make my way into the world, I would like to leave you all with some final words. I know firsthand how hard high school is, and how hard being a teenager is. There is so much to do and what seems like so little time to do it. It seems like every day, another deadline approaches, another test comes. And at times, you may want to give up. But never give up. Never stop fighting. Do not let anyone bring you down! You have to persevere because it will be worth it in the end.

However, don’t just forget about the end goal. Focus on the now. Cherish every moment you have in high school because it will be over one day, and you will miss it. I already do. Also, be brave and take chances. Be leaders. Be pioneers. I believe in all of you and I know that you will all be great.

I would like to take a second to give thanks to all the people who helped me make it to the end of this year. First off, I would like to thank God. Without Him, nothing I have accomplished would be possible. Next, I would like to thank my family and friends, specifically, my parents. Thank you for always supporting my endeavors and everything I have decided to do on a whim. I could not have made it this far without you.

To my teachers: Ms. Whitworth, Ms. Blake, Mr. Brijbasi, Mr. Waldron, Ms. Dent, Ms. Aarons, and Ms. Allen. I can not thank all of you enough. It has been an honor to have you all as my teachers.

Next, I would like to thank everyone at Jaguar Voices. You guys have been an integral part of my year, and you have helped me find my voice. It has been an honor and privilege to serve as your secretary. Last but not least, I would like to thank Dr. Brown for his daily morning motivation. You have been a constant source of inspiration for me, so thank you for that.

I came into Charles Herbert Flowers as the new girl and I am leaving with new peers, mentors, and what I hope will be lifelong friends. I would like to thank each and every one of you for being so kind and welcoming. Although I have only spent one year here, it feels like I have been here way longer. It has been a pleasure to spend this year with you all and I am blessed to be a part of the Flowers family. As I move on to the next chapter of my life, I wish you all of the best things that life has to offer. And remember, happiness is a direction, not a place.