Why Does Charles Herbert Flowers High School Not Have A Bus Stop?

Michael Landu, Editor: Oluwadamilola Afe

Charles Herbert Flowers High School is a building that houses a rather large number of students. There are a lot of things that a student can do at this school. This school has classes that vary in subject to teach students information and has extracurriculars on top of that. To be in a classroom and to participate in an extracurricular, you have to physically be there to do it. Students can get to school by taking the school buses as a way of transportation. Students arrive to their bus stop and their bus takes them to school and drops them off there in the morning.

However, one thing that has been noted about Charles Herbert Flowers High School is that there is no public bus stop located around the premises of the building. Students who participate in extracurriculars are affected by this since it is less convenient for them to go from the building to their homes. They have to look at other ways to get home, and these ways may be either time-consuming or costly. A student here at Charles Herbert Flowers High School, named Victor Villalta, has made a speech surrounding this topic in front of county executives. The speech was made on December 9th, 2021. As a student here at Charles Herbert Flowers, do you believe that we should have a bus stop? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.