Morning Announcements 1/10/22

Morning Announcements 1/10/22

Principal Dr. Brown, Editors : Niasilke Tabe and Stacey Alexis

“You don’t have a right to the cards you believe you should have been dealt. You do, however, have an obligation to play the heck out of the ones that you are holding.” 

Though circumstances are not perfect or what we pictured, we make the best of the situation by fully committing ourselves to excellence in whatever space we find ourselves in.
Welcome to another Magnificent Monday at our Mecca of Excellence! Today is a “B” day. The class starts at 7:45 am. Please arrive on time, with your cameras on, ready to learn!
Check out our new Alma Mater Video! It has been updated to include images from this school year! Kudos Ms. Jones for pulling this together for us.
Continuing with virtual learning

We will continue with virtual learning through Friday, January 14th, returning to school on Tuesday, January 18th (Teachers return to the building on Monday, January 10th). Classes will follow the normal schedule. Though we will not be together physically, please continue to commit to learning by logging in, participating in learning, and completing all of your assignments. Remember, this too shall pass, and we will be back together soon 🙂
Mandatory S/T Meetings for grade 9-11- Wednesday, January 11
  • 1st period @ 8 am – all 9th grade Science & Tech students (students should report to 1st-period class on time at 7:45 am for attendance)
  • 2nd period @ 9:40 am – all 10th grade Science & Tech students (students should report to 2nd-period class on time at 9:25 am for attendance)
  • 4th period 1:20 pm- all 11th grade Science & Tech students (students should report to 4th-period class on time at 1:10 pm for attendance)
Students will be responsible for and allowed to make up any missed assignments. Zoom links will be emailed directly to the student’s email.
Congratulations to our Posse Scholar!

The Posse Scholarship is one of the most prestigious full-tuition scholarships in our country. Please congratulate Senior Daphne Nwobike for being awarded this honor!
Time to start thinking about AP!!

AP registration has begun! The Advanced Placement program allows our students to access to rigorous, college-level course work. EVERY student should be thinking about taking as many AP classes as possible prior to graduation. Please reach out Dr. Boykins at [email protected] if you have more questions.

Video from the Athletic Council- Lacrosse recap
Please see the video below from our Athletic Council. Excellent work AC and Lacrosse Team!

Recorded Morning Announcements
Please take a look at today’s announcements as we continue to discuss how to set and achieve goals!
Passcode: %aS$NE1.