AFCEA DC 2022 STEM Scholarship – Now Open!

bryanna dortch and Makyah White - Publisher

Mr.Groves has informed students and staff about the AFCEA DC 2022 Stem Scholarship that states:

Scholarships applications are now open for the AFCEA DC STEM scholarships for graduating high school seniors. This program promotes higher education in the STEM fields of computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry and management information systems, through financial scholarship awards.

Since May 1989, AFCEA Washington, DC has awarded 450 scholarships totaling more than $2,800,000 to students from 112 area high schools going to 80 U.S. colleges.

This year, AFCEA Washington, DC was named the #1 Scholarship in the DC Metro Area by College Consensus.

All students who meet the criteria below are encouraged to apply.  We also encourage students whose family members include current members of the military, Veterans, and AFCEA DC chapter members to apply.

To apply for an AFCEA Washington, DC Chapter scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:

1. . U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident

2. Resident within Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments

3. High school senior or 2nd year student in a two-year Community College

4. Acceptance to a U.S. accredited college or university in a four-year, full-time STEM curriculum for computer science, engineering [all], mathematics, physics, chemistry, cybersecurity and management information systems; and Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I)-related fields of study including electrical, computer, chemical, aerospace or systems engineering or electronics

Winners of full tuition scholarships are not eligible

Applicants must submit the following items with their application:

1. Two (2) single page letters of recommendations attesting to student’s qualifications regarding this scholarship

2. Copy of student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the Department of Education. Please only provide the one-page FAFSA summary report.

3. Summary and statement from Guidance Counselor. Please download, fill out and submit to the online application form.

Selection of applicants will be based on achievements or qualifications in the following areas:

1. Academics

2. School activities

3. Financial need

4. Letters of recommendation

Students residing in the metro DC area, including DC, Maryland, and Virginia, are eligible to apply. The deadline for applications is February 26, 2022.

To apply for a scholarship, and for more information, please visit https://dcevents.afceachapters.org/2022STEMScholarship

Thank you,

Valerie Singer

VP STEM, AFCEA DC bryanna