Morning Announcements 01/14/22

Principal Dr. Brown, Reporter: Stacey Alexis

Welcome to another Fantastic Friday at our Mecca of Excellence! Today is a “B” day. Class starts at 7:45am. Please arrive on time, with your cameras on, ready to learn!
Check out our new Alma Mater Video! It has been updated to include images from this school year! Kudos Ms. Whitworth for the pictures and Ms. Jones for pulling this together for us.
There will be a special presentation to prepare us for the return to school that everyone will view at 8am this morning. Please make sure that you are in class so that you can view the presentation. 
Peer Forward FAFSA Night

As you are in the midst of college applications, please be reminded that FAFSA is a great opportunity to reduce the cost of college tuition. In order to guide you all through this imperative process, Peer Forward will be hosting a FAFSA night.

Please join PeerForward’s FAFSA Night on January 20th at 6:00 PM to receive support with completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. All Seniors & Parents are invited and strongly encouraged to attend. Be sure to bring your FSA ID, Social Security Number, Parent/Guardian FSA ID & 2020 Tax documents. 
There will be 3 Grand Prizes awarded to students who attend and complete their FAFSA. Be sure to refer to the flier below. See you virtually on Jan. 20th at 6:00 PM!
Senior College Application Data
I will begin to post the percentages of Seniors at CHF who have applied for College weekly. Our goal is for 80% of our Seniors to apply! Let’s get these numbers up!

image.png

Support our Student Journalists via SNO Donates
We have set up a donation through SNO to help our student journalists. SNO Donate makes it easy to collect donations through our SNO website from family, alumni, and community members who want to support your journalism program.

Community donations will support the student journalists of Charles Herbert Flowers. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover the annual website hosting costs. Please go over to the website now. Every dollar helps! https://chfhsnews.com/
image.png
Kappa foundation- SAT Prep
image.png
From the Desk of Ms. Hunt- School Social Worker
Please see this information on self-care practices provided by Ms. Hunt. Thank you for sharing these resources with our school community!
Continuing with virtual learning
We will continue with virtual learning through Friday, January 14th, returning to school on Tuesday, January 18th (Teachers return to the building on Monday, January 10th) . Classes will follow the normal schedule. Though we will not be together physically, please continue to commit to learning by logging in, participating in learning and completing all of your assignments. Remember, this too shall pass, and we will be back together soon 🙂
Congratulations to our Posse Scholar!
The Posse Scholarship is one of the most prestigious full tuition scholarships in our country. Please congratulate Senior Daphne Nwobike for being awarded this honor!
Time to start thinking about AP!!
AP registration has begun! The Advanced Placement program allows our students to access to rigorous, college-level course work. EVERY student should be thinking about taking as many AP classes as possible prior to graduation. Please reach out Dr. Boykins at [email protected] if you have more questions.

Video from the Athletic Council- Lacrosse recap
Please see the video below from our Athletic Council. Excellent work AC and Lacrosse Team!
Recorded Morning Announcements
In lieu of the recorded announcements, there will be a special presentation made at 8am during your 1st period class. please make sure that you are present.