03/03/22 Morning Announcements

Nia Tabe, Principal Dr. Gorman E. Brown

Welcome to another Thankful thriving Thursday at our Mecca of Excellence! Today is an “A” day. The class starts at 7:45 am. Please arrive on time, with your masks on, ready to learn!
Kudos to 11th graders SAT Test takers and Support Team! 

Kudos to the testing Team, Proctors, and everyone who supported our 11th graders as they took the SAT yesterday!  I know that our 11th graders put forth their best effort and we celebrate them as they take another important step towards being college and career ready!
PGRASG Leadership Summit
Let’s support literacy by giving books to Ardmore ES!
CHF POMS and Dance Showcase!

Lift Club Celebrates Women’s Month!

On Saturday, March 5th from 12 pm-3 pm, The Lift Club, with help from our very own SGA will be accepting toiletry donations.

The location will be at Flowers High School, the bus/side entrance. Due to it being Women’s Month in March, our main focus is on feminine hygiene products/toiletries. You DO NOT have to donate only Women’s toiletries. By donating any type of toiletries, you WILL gain service hours!
HBCU EXPO at Bowie State University!
Senior College Application Data
I will continue to post the percentages of Seniors at CHF who have applied for College weekly. We had a nice jump last week and are nearing our next benchmark of 60%! Great work Class of 2022!   Our goal is for 80% of our Seniors to apply! Let’s get these numbers up!
CHF Culture day goes viral!

This event, though short and sweet, paved a way for “the Mecca” to go viral on different social media platforms. In the span of three days, the videos of the ASA team performance and a showcase of the widespread cultures at Charles Herbert Flowers High School have gotten over 1.5 million views and thousands of comments in admiration on ‘TikTok’. Once again, thank you for this opportunity as “the Mecca” is currently trending for excellence.
Direct Links to Videos:
CPSTS sponsors a FREE Driving School!

CPSTS is sponsoring a free Driver’s Educational Scholarship Program for Prince George’s County students. Twenty-eight CHF students were awarded the scholarship in the last application cycle!

Please see the information linked here.  The program will help students meet the hiring standards of many private and public job opportunities.

Wright Talk

Ted Wright is offering his new series of Leadership Development sessions. Please see this linked flyer for more information.

Social Media misuse

Please be advised that commentary associated with the use of weapons at school, even in jest, requires that the Department of Homeland Security be involved. Don’t make a mistake posting something that you find “entertaining” that references serious incidents, such as school shootings. There will be consequences including, possibly, federal charges.

From the Desk of Ms. Hunt- School Social Worker

Please see this information on self-care practices provided by Ms. Hunt. Thank you for sharing these resources with our school community!
Time to start thinking about AP!!

AP registration has begun! The Advanced Placement program allows our students to access rigorous, college-level coursework. EVERY student should be thinking about taking as many AP classes as possible prior to graduation. Please reach out to Dr. Boykins at [email protected] if you have more questions.

Dr. Gorman E. Brown
Principal, Charles Herbert Flowers H.S.
10001 Ardwick-Ardmore Road
Springdale, MD 20774
Phone: (301) 636-8000
Fax:     (301) 636-8008Do all the good you can
By all means you can
In all the ways you can
In all the places you can
To all the people you can
As long as ever you can

John Wesley

Connectedness…Strategic…Input…Learner…Communication