Morning Announcements 04/04/22

CHF Flag Tryouts

Principal Doctor Brown, Editor: Stacey Alexis

Welcome to another Magnificent Monday at our Mecca of Excellence! Today is an “A” day. Class starts at 7:45am. Please arrive on time, with your masks on, ready to learn!
THERE ARE 4 DAYS LEFT IN THE 3RD QUARTER. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE FOCUSING ON DOING YOUR BEST AND FINISHING STRONG!!! 
2nd quarter Honor roll Assemblies- This week!!!
4/04/2022(12TH GRADE) 8:15am

This week in Jaguar Sports!
Congratulations to our Spring Sports teams for their outstanding openings! Please come out and support our Jaguars!
Home Schedule for the week:
Monday- Boys Lacrosse vs. Suitland HS
Thursday- Boys and Girls Tennis vs. Bowie HS
                 Boys Lacrosse vs. Duval
Friday- JV Baseball vs. Wise HS
Saturday- JV Baseball vs. Roosevelt/ Laurel
                 Boys and Girls tennis vs. Roosevelt
CHF Art Fair- Saturday 
Come out and participate as well as earn community service hours!
image.png
Become a Peer Leader!
Juniors interested in becoming Peer leaders, please see this flyer.
National Honor Society Applications and Homework Assistance 
Linked you will find the application process for current 10th and 11th grade students as well a new Homework Assistance Program being sponsored by NHS. Please take advantage of the opportunities.
PGC Candidate Forum
image.png
Computer Science Honor Society

The Computer Science Honor Society is committed to the embodiment of three core values: Equity, Service, and Excellence. The CSHS has a realization that any student has the potential to enroll, to grow, and to excel in computing. We empower members to become ambassadors of the computer science discipline, helping to underscore its importance as a mainstay in the school community and we have a commitment to promoting outstanding scholarship in computer science coursework.

To be eligible for membership, candidates must have completed at least one semester of rigorous computer science coursework. Courses include: Computer Science Discoveries, Exploring Computer Science, Advanced Placement Computer Science Principles, Advanced Placement Computer Science A, and Introduction to Object Oriented Programming in Computer Science, and have a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Other qualifications are in the application packet.

Follow the URL or scan the QR code to download and print an application or see Dr. White in Room 408 for a hard copy.

tinyurl.com/FlowersCompSciApp 

Senior College Application Data
I will continue to post the percentages of Seniors at CHF who have applied for College weekly. We are pretty stagnant right now, but are nearing our next benchmark of 60%! Great work Class of 2022!   Our goal is for 80% of our Seniors to apply! Let’s get these numbers up!

image.png

CPSTS sponsors a FREE Driving School!
CPSTS is sponsoring a free Driver’s Educational Scholarship Program for Prince George’s County students. Twenty-eight CHF students were awarded the scholarship in the last application cycle!

Please see the information linked here.  The program will help students meet the hiring standards of many private and public job opportunities.

Social Media misuse

Please be advised that commentary associated with the use of weapons at school, even in jest, requires that the Department of Homeland Security be involved. Don’t make a mistake posting something that you find “entertaining” that references serious incidents, such as school shootings. There will be consequences including, possibly, federal charges.

From the Desk of Ms. Hunt- School Social Worker

Please see this information on self-care practices provided by Ms. Hunt. Thank you for sharing these resources with our school community!