Morning Announcements 04/08/22

Enjoy your Spring Break!

Two hour Dismissal Schedule

Two hour Dismissal Schedule

Principal Doctor Brown, Editor: Stacey Alexis

Welcome to another Fantastic Friday at our Mecca of Excellence! Today is an “A” day. Class starts at 7:45am. Please arrive on time, with your masks on, ready to learn!

Have a great Spring Break!!!

This week in Jaguar Sports!

Congratulations to our Girls Lacrosse team that won a hard fought victory while playing in the pouring rain! 

Home Schedule for the week:

Friday- JV Baseball vs. Wise HS

Saturday- JV Baseball vs. Roosevelt/ Laurel

Boys and Girls tennis vs. Roosevelt

Celebrating our Assistant Principals!!!!

We are blessed to have wonderful Assistant Principals to lead our school community. Please join me in thanking them for their leadership as we celebrate our Assistant Principals this week!

image.png

image.png

Guidance videos

Please see the linked videos from our guidance department for your viewing 

Dr. Bostic Safe School Video

Become a Peer Leader!
Juniors interested in becoming Peer leaders, please see this flyer.
National Honor Society Applications and Homework Assistance 
Linked you will find the application process for current 10th and 11th grade students as well a new Homework Assistance Program being sponsored by NHS. Please take advantage of the opportunities.
PGC Candidate Forum
image.png
Computer Science Honor Society

The Computer Science Honor Society is committed to the embodiment of three core values: Equity, Service, and Excellence. The CSHS has a realization that any student has the potential to enroll, to grow, and to excel in computing. We empower members to become ambassadors of the computer science discipline, helping to underscore its importance as a mainstay in the school community and we have a commitment to promoting outstanding scholarship in computer science coursework.

To be eligible for membership, candidates must have completed at least one semester of rigorous computer science coursework. Courses include: Computer Science Discoveries, Exploring Computer Science, Advanced Placement Computer Science Principles, Advanced Placement Computer Science A, and Introduction to Object Oriented Programming in Computer Science, and have a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Other qualifications are in the application packet.

Follow the URL or scan the QR code to download and print an application or see Dr. White in Room 408 for a hard copy.

tinyurl.com/FlowersCompSciApp 

Senior College Application Data
I will continue to post the percentages of Seniors at CHF who have applied for College weekly. We are pretty stagnant right now, but are nearing our next benchmark of 60%! Great work Class of 2022!   Our goal is for 80% of our Seniors to apply! Let’s get these numbers up!

image.png

CPSTS sponsors a FREE Driving School!
CPSTS is sponsoring a free Driver’s Educational Scholarship Program for Prince George’s County students. Twenty-eight CHF students were awarded the scholarship in the last application cycle!

Please see the information linked here.  The program will help students meet the hiring standards of many private and public job opportunities.

Social Media misuse

Please be advised that commentary associated with the use of weapons at school, even in jest, requires that the Department of Homeland Security be involved. Don’t make a mistake posting something that you find “entertaining” that references serious incidents, such as school shootings. There will be consequences including, possibly, federal charges.

From the Desk of Ms. Hunt- School Social Worker

Please see this information on self-care practices provided by Ms. Hunt. Thank you for sharing these resources with our school community!