Morning Announcements 04/19/22

Principal Doctor Brown, Editor: Stacey Alexis

Welcome to another Terrific Tuesday at our Mecca of Excellence! Today is a “B” day. Class starts at 7:45am. Please arrive on time, with your masks on, ready to learn!

If you have not already done so, please upload your covid-test results!!!!

Senior Updates- IMPORTANT!!!!

Prom Attendance will require a covid test and posted results within 24 hours of the event.

Senior Signing Day

The National Honor Society is sponsoring the 9th Annual Senior Signing & Career Day on April 29, 2022! Senior Signing & Career Day recognizes all seniors and their future plans. This year we will also be hosting Senior Award Day at this event. Please complete the link below and indicate whether you will be attending a college, university, academy, US military, vocational/trade school, or entering the workforce. The google form will take you no more than 5 minutes to complete and is due no later than Wednesday, April 13, 2022 @ 11:59pm. Please be prepared to upload a picture of yourself wearing the paraphernalia or “gear” of the school, academy, military organization, or job. If you do not have paraphernalia, be creative – upload a baby picture or a selfie holding up the acceptance letter or school/work logo on a piece of paper. If you do not upload a picture, your slideshow will have a blank space.

*FINAL EXAMS AND TESTING  SCHEDULE FOR SENIORS*

May 4th, 2022 – Final Exams: (1st and 3rd period B DAY)

May 5th, 2022 – Final Exams: (1st and 3rd period A DAY)

May 9th, 2022 –  Final Exams: (2nd and 4th period A DAY)

May 10th, 2022- Final Exams: (2nd and 4th period B DAY)

May 11th, 2022 – FINAL EXAM MAKE-UP SCHEDULE

EARLY CHECKOUT WITH MS. YARBOROUGH AUDITORIUM HALLWAY

MAY 9TH, 2022 Students with last names A-K (Auditorium Hallway

May 10th, 2022 Students with last names L-Z (Auditorium Hallway

May 11th, 2022 Students Make Up Day For Checkout                                            

SENIOR CHECK OUT & RETURN OF MATERIALS SCHEDULE 

May 11th, 2022- Students with last name A-K (Location TBD)

May 12th, 2022- Students with last name L-Z (Location TBD)

May 13th, 2022 – MAKE UP DAY FOR MATERIALS RETURN

May 13th, 2022 – OFFICIAL LAST DAY FOR SENIORS

* OFFICIAL LAST DAY FOR SENIORS IS: MAY 13TH, 2022*

ALL SENIORS MUST BE CLEARED OF FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS IN ORDER  TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRADUATION CEREMONY.

PER THE STATE OF MARYLAND SENIORS SHOULD HAVE COMPLETED 24 SERVICE LEARNING HOURS AS A GRADUATION REQUIREMENT.

Guidance videos

Please see the linked videos from our guidance department for your viewing 

Dr. Bostic Safe School Video

Become a Peer Leader!

Juniors interested in becoming Peer leaders, please see this flyer.
National Honor Society Applications and Homework Assistance 
Linked you will find the application process for current 10th and 11th grade students as well a new Homework Assistance Program being sponsored by NHS. Please take advantage of the opportunities.
PGC Candidate Forum
image.png
Computer Science Honor Society

The Computer Science Honor Society is committed to the embodiment of three core values: Equity, Service, and Excellence. The CSHS has a realization that any student has the potential to enroll, to grow, and to excel in computing. We empower members to become ambassadors of the computer science discipline, helping to underscore its importance as a mainstay in the school community and we have a commitment to promoting outstanding scholarship in computer science coursework.

To be eligible for membership, candidates must have completed at least one semester of rigorous computer science coursework. Courses include: Computer Science Discoveries, Exploring Computer Science, Advanced Placement Computer Science Principles, Advanced Placement Computer Science A, and Introduction to Object Oriented Programming in Computer Science, and have a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Other qualifications are in the application packet.

Follow the URL or scan the QR code to download and print an application or see Dr. White in Room 408 for a hard copy.

tinyurl.com/FlowersCompSciApp 

Senior College Application Data
I will continue to post the percentages of Seniors at CHF who have applied for College weekly. We are pretty stagnant right now, but are nearing our next benchmark of 60%! Great work Class of 2022!   Our goal is for 80% of our Seniors to apply! Let’s get these numbers up!

image.png

CPSTS sponsors a FREE Driving School!
CPSTS is sponsoring a free Driver’s Educational Scholarship Program for Prince George’s County students. Twenty-eight CHF students were awarded the scholarship in the last application cycle!

Please see the information linked here.  The program will help students meet the hiring standards of many private and public job opportunities.

Social Media misuse

Please be advised that commentary associated with the use of weapons at school, even in jest, requires that the Department of Homeland Security be involved. Don’t make a mistake posting something that you find “entertaining” that references serious incidents, such as school shootings. There will be consequences including, possibly, federal charges.

From the Desk of Ms. Hunt- School Social Worker

Please see this information on self-care practices provided by Ms. Hunt. Thank you for sharing these resources with our school community!