CHFHS to Participate in Hour of Code Dec. 7-13

Chanler Crawford, Staff Writer

Did you realize that coding is not as far out of your reach as you may think it is?  The proof will be in the Hour of Code on December 7-13, 2015 if you choose to participate in producing a game simulation of minecraft.  The Computer Science Club will be hosting this event to introduce the entire school to computer science and coding.  The activity will expose students to the programs that professionals use every day (like java script). Even if you have never coded (which most people have not) you will watch an instruction video and learn how to code.
In order to be apart of the coding event, encourage your teacher to sign up.  Upon signing up, the teacher will automatically win a prize given by the Computer Science program which could be a $10 Amazon Gift Card, an iTunes or Windows store card.  Students who participate will also be given a ticket to be entered into a ballad to be eligible to win a Kindle Fire, and a $20 to$30 Gift Certificate.  
If you would like to participate in the event but do not have a computer accessible to you, Ms. Fitzpatrick will allow students to come and use her computers during lunch periods on A-Days and B-Days, and during 4th period on B-Days.  Her room is 632.
What are you waiting for! Go to Code.org and register for the Hour of Code today!