Board Seeks Public Comment on Proposed Policies

Your Opinion is Needed.

The Board of Education of Prince George’s County, Reporter: Jennifer Tamayo⭐, Editor: Stacey Alexis

The Board of Education of Prince George’s County adopted Bylaw 9340, Policy Development. (click this to learn more)  Pursuant to Bylaw 9340, as policies are developed or revised, the public is permitted to provide input.

On April 28, 2022, the Board voted to approve four (4) new policies for public comment before adoption – the draft Ethics Regulations, Maryland Public Information Act (MPIA), Student Registered Sex Offender – Entry onto School Property and Pregnant, and Parenting Students Policies.  In addition to the online comment forms, links are below, comments on the proposed policies can be submitted by email to [email protected]. Comments are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, May 16, 2022.

Click to here provide comment on draft Ethics Regulations policy.

Click to here provide comment on new draft Maryland Public Information Act (MPIA) policy.

Click to here provide comment on new draft Student Registered Sex Offender – Entry onto School Property Policy.

Click to here provide comment on new draft Pregnant and Parenting Students Policy.

PLEASE NOTE:  Persons submitting public comments are advised that public comments will become part of the public record and will be publicized along with the Policy and Governance Committee’s recommendation to the Board for final action. Comments should not include identifiable or legally protected information about individuals, staff members, or students. Comments containing this type of information will not be posted.

Uses this link to view this article in Spanish and French: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VUkDlL5wSXbk9m_-jK-AxzcXf64xSzcTKaSWVgAJkjc/edit?usp=sharing