Juniors: Posse Scholarship

Juniors: Posse Scholarship

Nia Tabe

Good morning CHFHS Junior Students (Current 11th Graders),

The Posse Foundation is an organization that identifies outstanding high school seniors who demonstrate leadership and incredible potential. Every year, the foundation selects students to be the next recipient of the Posse Scholarship. Each Posse Scholar will receive a four-year, full-tuition merit scholarship and a place in  Posse to attend one of Posse’s partner colleges or universities in the fall.

Posse Foundation seeks students who are…

… Leaders in their high schools and communities

… Committed to their education and demonstrating academic potential

… Interested in teamwork and diversity

… Positive, motivated, talented, ambitious young people

• The Posse Foundation is a college access and youth leadership development program that identifies, recruits, and selects student leaders from area high schools and sends them to some of the top colleges and universities in the country.
  • Finalists for the program receive full-tuition leadership scholarships from partner colleges and universities.
  • The Posse Foundation is looking for individuals with demonstrated leadership ability, communication, and team-building skills.
  • Posse scholarships were awarded to C.H. Flowers students in 2016, 2017 and 2021
  • Partner schools for the Washington Metropolitan area are: Bucknell University (www.bucknell.edu), Lafayette College (www.lafayette.edu), Sewanee: The University of the South (www.sewanee.edu), University of Rochester (www.rochester.edu), and University of Wisconsin-Madison (www.wisc.edu) and many more, see attached flyer
  • It is recommended that, if interested, you research the above schools to ensure they have your major of interest before submitting your name for nomination consideration.
  • Completing the nomination form does not guarantee that you will be selected for nomination. Charles H. Flowers High School can nominate only 15 juniors for participation in the scholarship selection process.
  • Selected students will be notified by the Posse Foundation via email.
  • If you would like to be considered for nomination, please complete the form on the link below no later than Wednesday, **May 31, 2022.

Posse DC brochure.pdf

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=70a18a6355&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1733166591283228318&th=180d71d50202ee9e&view=att&disp=safe&realattid=f_koiv8jyo0

– Fredrick Groves