Trumps Plans and appointees, how does it effect public school education?

Charles Colbert

Betsy DeVos, Trumps education pick, has steered money from Public Schools, Donald J Trump has picked Betsy DeVos as the cabinet secretary overseeing the education system, Betsy has been pushing to give families taxpayer money in the form of vouchers to attend private and parochial schools for nearly 30 years. Ms.DeVos thinks that your zip code should not confine kids to failing schools. Ms.DeVos efforts to expand educational opportunity in her home state of Michigan and across the country have focused little on existing public schools and almost entirely newer more entrepreneurial models to compete with traditional schools for students and money.
Ms.DeVos donations and advocacy go almost entirely toward group seeking to move students and money away from what Mr.Trump calls “failing government schools” . Conservative school choice activist hailed her on wednesday as a fellow disrupter, and as someone who would block what they see as a federal intrusion on local schools. Former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida wrote ” her allegiance is to families, particularly those struggling at the bottom of the economic ladder, not to an outdated education model that has failed them from one generation to the next”.
A history teacher from Charles Herbert Flowers High School named David Akers says that Ms.DeVos ” destroyed the public education system and she pushed for more charter schools and she hates public schools, she like private schools better.  They picked good students to make money so they take money from the public schools for private schools because she thinks everyone should be in  a private school”.
So to me this effects public schools because they will have less money for things that private schools have like computers and better foods and we won’t be able to pay for good teacher’s because they taking all the money from public schools.
161123-trump-devos-1318_f3f558f41198f33aef4fea69044c72ec.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg (1586×1000)